"NMH "Baiterek" JSC announces a competition to fill the vacancy of an Independent Director of Kazakhstan Housing Company JSC
(hereinafter - the Company):
The name of the vacant position:
The name of the structural division:
Board of Directors of Kazakhstan Housing Company JSC.
General requirements for independent directors
1. A candidate for election as an independent director to the board of directors must:
1.1. Meet the definition of an independent director in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Joint Stock Companies".
1.2. Possess general information on key issues specific to an organization similar in scope and nature of the Company's activities, possess international experience in a similar industry / sector and professional experience of at least 5 years prior to nomination, and demonstrate understanding of:
1) legal requirements in relation to the Company;
2) a competitive environment in the national and international markets.
1.3. Be able to analyze and objectively evaluate the information provided and develop an independent position on the issue based on the principles of legality, fairness and equal treatment of all shareholders. Have the ability to express his/her own opinion and reasonably defend his/her point of view.
1.4. Know the principles of corporate governance and sustainable development.
1.5. Have an impeccable reputation / positive track record in the business and / or industry environment. The biography of the candidate must contain no facts of committing a crime in the field of economic activity, as well as administrative offenses in business.
1.6. Have enough time to participate in the work of the board of directors not only during meetings of the Board of Directors, but also to properly study materials for meetings of the Board of Directors.
1.7. Not be a member of more than 3 (three) boards of directors of other companies
1.8. Carry out the procedure for confirming independence annually and inform the company in case of losing the status of an independent director.
A person cannot be elected to the board of directors:
- who is a participant, head of an executive body, a member of a management body or an employee of a legal entity competing with the Company;
- who has previously committed a corruption crime;
- has a conviction that has not been canceled or has not been removed in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- who previously was the chairman of the board of directors, the first head of the executive body, the deputy first head, the chief accountant of another legal entity, in the period not more than one year before the decision on compulsory liquidation or compulsory redemption of shares or conservation of another legal entity declared bankrupt, according to established procedure. This requirement applies for five years after the date of the decision on the compulsory liquidation or compulsory redemption of shares or the conservation of another legal entity declared bankrupt in accordance with the established procedure.
- who is a member of the board of directors of four or more companies.
1. Special requirements for candidates for the position of independent directors - specialists in the field of startegic management.
Higher education in economics or finance and (or) higher technical education, additional education / professional certification in strategic management, financial management / audit / risk management.
Work experience in the specialty for at least 5 years.
Work experience of at least 5 years in governing bodies or executive bodies of financial organizations / holding structures / government bodies / international financial organizations / in the field of regulation of financial services and (or) work experience in governing bodies / executive bodies / as a leader / partner in organizations for provision of strategic management services.
Requirements for the availability of certificates:
The presence of professional international certificates in the field of finance / audit / strategic management is encouraged.
Personal and business competencies required for the performance of duties:
- Motivation (intrinsic value of "giving" and willingness to volunteer)
- Professional competence within the framework of the Company's activities
- Key competencies: ethics, teamwork, responsibility, strategic vision, active participation
Candidates willing to take part in the competition to fill the vacancy of an independent director should send the following documents with the note “Independent director KHC” to D.email@example.com by October 10, 2021 (inclusively):
- Form of employment: contract
- application of the candidate for participation in the competitive selection according to the attached sample;
- a copy of the candidate's identity document;
- information about the candidate according to the attached form.